Thursday, November 24, 2011

In Thanksgiving

Like so many others today I am taking stock of all that I have to be thankful for.  I hardly know where to begin.  This Thanksgiving my heart is so full I feel like a shiny penny, renewed and excited for all that is to come.  

I am thankful to have learned that I am the one who chooses how I act and react. No mater what comes I always have the power to be a victim of circumstance or victorious in the face of obstacles.

For my husband; who believes in me even more when I am clouded by self doubt. Who lets me dream bigger than myself and then tells me to, "go for it."  Who, when I reached the point where changing my body was the only option, said, "I'll do it with you."  Our love and partnership saved our lives. For this, and so much more, I swell with gratitude.

For my son, who has a new adventure every day.  Staying home, to be the one to go on adventures with him, is a gift I hope to never take for granted.  I see the world in a different way with every new discovery he makes.

My extended family, growing up surrounded by aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins, removed cousins, and now my husband's family, has taught me much more than a few words can convey.  Family is one of the greatest gifts and for all of them I am thankful.

This year I am also very thankful for science.  Many of my friends and family make their living in science and technology fields and I am grateful for their jobs.  I am also grateful for medical science without this field many amazing people in my life and in this world would have been lost.  For lifesaving technology, doctors, nurses, medicine, therapists, researchers, and all others.  There are no words.

My friends near and far, old and new, and the ability to stay connected through the internet.  I don't understand how it all works but I am very glad someone does.

This year I am also thankful for this blog and its readers.  When I began writing six months ago I wasn't sure anyone would be interested in what I had to say.  I appreciate everyone who stops by to read the latest post and I can only hope you find a little something to bring into your own life.  I wish each and everyone of you a happy Thanksgiving how ever you are celebrating.  I look forward to continuing with you on this journey to a better mind, body, and spirit.

Today if you can say a prayer, or cast a thought, for peace and understanding.  Next year I know there will be even more to be thankful for.


No comments:

Post a Comment